NOTATION: The idea is that Uber collaborates with Dwayne Johnson, AKA The Rock, to surprise his fans by showing up as their Uber driver and then spending the day with them as a mentor. Friends and family can enter to win an Uber Rock Daytrip for a loved one and help plan the surprise. The Rock does 100 Uber trips for his fans and Uber sponsors extraordinary training and fun. Uber “provides” and “connects” the ultimate mentor with mentees.
PROTOTYPE: Details & Ideas for what an Uber Rock Daytrip could look like.
- Contestants submit letters and photos about the person they are nominating for the prize. They also include a list of their favorite things to do, dream adventures, and why they need a mentor.
- Daytrips could include anything from skydiving, golfing, going to an inspirational movie, or doing a workshop/class together. The sky’s the limit.
- 31 contestants are chosen to participate in 31 days of “The Rock Quits His Job To Be An Uber Driver”.
- Hashtags, social media campaign, and TV spotlights build the hype and gather contest entries.
- In addition to meeting the contestant requirements, applicants have to pay a $10 application fee. The proceeds go to a charity of The Rock’s choice.